Monday 28 September 2009

Forget Me Nots Record Of The Week

Hey People

As I sit here on holiday trying to catch up with the massive amount of reading I have to do with VH1 Soul on in the background somehow making the task less laborious (Between ESPN and NFL Network, they are the only channels I watch nowadays) as usual my mind begins to race and I feel like writing. You're probably wondering:

"So if this is the case, why doesn't he f***ing blog more frequently?"

I know I always seem to have some sort of excuse but my mistress (my beautiful HP laptop, what can I say I'm a PC) is currently out of commission so I have to keep resorting to using my wifey (my ipod Touch) for any Internet related task. And anyone who has an iphone/touch knows it is not the one for typing.

Although there are other laptops around me they are so inferior that it makes even writing the simplest blog post a herculean task.

Anyway enough with the excuses, since I'm restless and I have been watching VH1 Soul Stage for like the last 5 hours I thought I'd hit you with a classic. Since it is Joe who is currently occupying the stage; I suddenly remembered how much I liked his music.

I remember my relationship to my girlfriend in year 9 which only lasted 3 weeks, I was young and dumb, who as an act of romance left an acapella medley on my voicemail for me to hear when I got back from school. I don't remember every song she took excerpts from but the one I do remember was Joe's - 'I Wanna Know'. She could really sing and I used to listen to it everyday until I forgot to save it as T-mobile deleted voice mails after 3 days in them days.

Although this is not my FMNROW, it does bring back pleasant memories. Joe is currently performing 'Stutter' which I personally feel is one of his best songs. But he is performing the remix version which I feel pales in comparison to the original.

So here it is, Joe - 'Stutter'

No comments:

Post a Comment