Tuesday 11 January 2011

The Comeback


What can I say?

It's the return of the most inconsistent blogger EVER.
I know it is jarring. But I just can't help it. When procrastination and laziness creep in there is almost nothing I can do to curtail their devastating effects.

So to my readers I sincerely apologise. A righteous man would promise to blog more consistently. But a honest man, which I am, will just promise you that he would try harder. But life is life and shit happens.

I have a few post ideas and will publish some long overdue ones over the coming weeks. But I always say the best way to begin is just to begin. So that is exactly what I'm doing. Hopefully announcing my "comeback" will spur me to write. Which is not to say I lack the passion or the drive. I just always find some excuse not too. Which is bad but honest.

I am disappointed that in the two years since I started my blog that I have barely got to 60 posts. But one of my targets for last year was to be more proud of my writing which I half achieved. I may not have been proud in terms of quantity but in terms of quality I am very proud. My writing has evolved from it's controversial beginnings into something more substantial. I'm not sure if I can call myself a "writer" in the traditional sense but I write what matters to me. My writing is a reflection of everything that is contained within me. A tool which is supposed to be utilised by the people in my life to gain an insight into the way I think. But I'm happy for all to read.

So I intend to pick up where I left off. I will continue with the deeper insights into my psyche, the personal and open factor a lot of you really liked in "I guess it was kinda my fault as well". I like engaging people's minds and challenging them to think from perspectives other than their own, so that will continue. A major U-turn I am making is on the subject of relationships. Last year I wanted to steer clear from writing about them because I am no relationship expert and didn't want my beautiful creation to turn into some relationship blog. But I have to admit defeat. I can't seem to escape from the topic. That's what people like to read about so I have to reluctantly concede that that will have to be what I write about from time to time. As long as there are people from both sexes willing (and in some cases neurotically yearning) to enter into mutually exclusive sexual relationships with each other then the subject cannot be avoided.

So that is all I have to say for now. Looking towards the future I clearly know in which direction I want my writing to go. Now for the hard bit...Just to write it. Hopefully I'll be proud of my writing on both fronts this year.



Michael.O

No comments:

Post a Comment