Thursday 16 July 2009

Dubai 09

If you know me then you know I love going on holiday. 3 holidays a year is a must.
Because I was in the final year of my degree and I didn't go on holiday for a year and a half which really hurt my soul. So now that I'm a post graduate I took it upon myself to book a couple of holidays. After the disastrous summer 08 that I spent in London I knew there was no way I was gonna go through the same shit again.

Why stay in Endz when there is a whole world to see? And I don't follow the crowd and just go to Malia and Napa. So the first Holiday I booked was to Dubai. Me and my family had been there before like 5 years ago and we enjoyed it so much that we decided it was about time we went back.

Because it was my friend Julie's 21st the night before I had to leave I had to go straight to the airport straight after the festivities. I don't know what happened but I ended up with the sickest migraine - and no I did not drink - so I was just throwing up all the way to Gatwick. I hadn't felt that kind of pain in my head since I had a concussion. Anyway it lasted for 2 days but by this time I had already reached Dubai..............



Beautiful I know. If you do plan to go to Dubai in the summer months then I must warn you................it is a desert city, the heat out there is not be taken lightly. I am not lying that when I was out there the mercury went over 50 degrees.

You will be baking out there. In fact you will be cooking. Its a straight shorts and vest ting!
Anyway while out there me and the fam went sight seeing. Went to the Atlantis.....




Obviously we went to Jumeirah beach which was relaxing. But be warned it is open ocean, it is very easy to get carried off by the waves. Swimming in the sea is also comparable to swimming in boiling salt water. Yes it is that hot, and it is that salty. Me and my brothers almost died trying to battle the waves trying to reach one raft like 100 metres off the coast. When we did eventually reach it we were so exhausted we spent 45 mins just trying to get our breath back.



You don't really go to Dubai shop unless you want jewellery so no tales of shopping. Although we did go to Emirates Mall which is one of the biggest in the world. You know a Mall is big when there have their own little theme park and Ski Resort in there. NO joke. I got to go snowboarding which was extremely fun to do. How many of you can say you've been snowboarding in the desert? LOOOOL Didn't think so.

It was also a good bonding session for me and my brothers since I had been away for 3 years.

Most of the time I was just relaxing in the sunshine or in the pool. For some stupid reason My skin refuses to tan even if I am in extreme sunshine. Dubai is definitely a must go to destination for couples. But a couple who I met at Doha airport did say Qatar was better so that might be my next holiday destination.

And just a quick video of the antics we got up to.









Next holiday - I'm off to America for 2 months. Don't hate too much please, I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment